Pages

Friday 28 January 2011

Men of London: we thank you!

I would like to say a big thank you, as it's not said often enough, to all the men who let ladies sit down first on the Tube.

This is obviously not just limited to London, or indeed the Tube, but as that is my commute it is all I can comment on.

It would be sexist of me to say that men should give up their seats for women, so please be assured that I am not saying that. I don't need anyone to hold the door open for me, carry my bags or give me their seat. But it's rather nice when they do and I always make sure I thank them for being so kind.

This gesture is not just appreciated between the sexes but for anyone who would appreciate the seat more.
I often give my seat up for anyone carrying a lot or anything heavy, or for anyone that looks tired. This small, but good, deed is always appreciated and so I think we should do it more often.

So, come on Londoners, let's bring chivalry back!

No comments:

Post a Comment