Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

London Fashion Week Canary Wharf style

Seeing as my all access pass to London Fashion Week appeared to have been lost in the post, I decided to go to the Canary Wharf Fashion Fix instead.

Maybe it was because I went on Sunday, or maybe it was because all the proper fashionistas were at Jasper Conran or Nicole Farhi, but I thought it was a bit rubbish.

Don't get me wrong I am a BIG fan of Canary Wharf and the fashion shows it puts on are usually show stoppers. If the Canary Wharf dancing catwalk models had a Facebook page, I would 'follow' them. But all that this 'Fashion Fix' seemed to offer was some make-up advice and for a stylist to help with colour matching and style consultations. That sounds ok, doesn't it? But the clothes on the rail in the style consultation area looked like the items Gok Wan normally throws out of some poor woman's wardrobe, or displays throughout her hometown for all to see.

The ladies having their make-up done looked like they were having a good time, but there weren't many people around and it seemed like such a poor effort compared to it's normal fashion shows.

So, come on Canary Wharf, don't try and compete with LFW, you can't. Just do your own thing, that's what we love you for.

No comments:

Post a Comment