Pages

Thursday 8 September 2011

Vogue's Fashion Night Out: London

Ah it's that time of year again. Vogue's Fashion Night Out (FNO). I was here this time last year and up for it again tonight. Here are the highlights;

First stop is Mulberry for dancing, cocktails, prize draws, goodie bags, manicures, tarot reading and face painting. I love this store. Everyone was buzzing, all the usual staff were there including Daniel, my favourite!


He was run off his feet it was so busy, but he still recognised me and came over to say Hi. Oddly uniformed staff were handing out bottles of beer, cocktails and delicious canapes from picnic style hampers, in fitting with their woodland theme.

Despite how crazy the store was the staff were excellent; friendly, fun and helpful. One big party. This is definitely what Fashion Night Out is about. There is something so fun about shopping with a cocktail in your hand and half of London's fashion crowd hanging around you. Girls are getting their photos taken with woodland creature masks on draped in handbags. This is the best party in FNO!

Bond Street is definitely the place to be and so on I went to Boodles. I love the welcome you get in here. "Welcome to Boodles!" "Glass of Champagne?" "Why yes, don't mind if I do."
So many diamonds so little time. But there was time to eat a cream tea or two and look at the engagement rings, thinking which one would look best on my left hand. Will I ever get to find out????
It's quieter in here, the doorman helps that out, but they still had a good bar going and a photo booth. I thought of trying on the biggest diamond ring they have and then stepping in to the photo booth to capture the moment forever....and then thought no, leave the photo booth to the groups of giggling girls. My attention is firmly on the shiny stuff!

Next door is Tiffany and it didn't look as if they'd done too much different to the store. There was a DJ in the corner and a photo booth (must have been on discount) and pretty good food. But the best of Bond Street for Fashion Night Out, was definitely Mulberry for me.

So see you next year, same time, same channel!

Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment