Pages

Thursday 9 September 2010

Vogue's Fashion Night Out: London

London can be so much fun sometimes! One of those times is for Vogue's Fashion Night Out.

I headed early doors to Christian Louboutin; tried on a pair of serious heels, drank Champagne and grabbed a goodybag on the way out. Next on to Chanel in Selfridges, where I got a fabulous lipstick consultation and had a very glamourous photo taken in their photo booth. I ended up buying the lipstick - Rouge Coco baby!

Reiss was next; great cocktails, tried on a few clothes, avoided the makeovers, deafened by the overloud DJ - I'm getting old. Finally, back to Selfridges for Mulberry, which felt unecessarily VIP. Very oddly dressed waiters served 200ml bottles of Champagne, one of which was smuggled out for the journey home in my handbag! A wander round the make-up, perfume and jewellery counters was enough to call it a night.

The glamour then ended as I headed on to the tube feeling that - for one night - I was part of the London fashion scene and a little bit 'Carrie Bradshaw'.

Vogue - please keep doing your Fashion Night Out. Maybe I'll go to the New York one next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment